Congrats Daily Mail on calling bipolar disorder a “fashionable” diagnosis.
Anyone ever stop to think that Bipolar disorder is diagnosed more often because we now understand the disorder better? Or that there have always been many people with bipolar disorder, but that they remained silent because we didn’t have the knowledge or tools to properly diagnose and treat it?
You definitely have to be careful with meds and you can be over medicated, but it’s trial and error with meds because we still don’t have any magic pill. It took me a long time to figure out the right cocktail of meds. Now that I have, I do not suffer from the “zombie effect” or anything like that.
Anyone who doesn’t believe in medication, whether they are a doctor or not, can just fuck off. I need my meds to function like a normal human being. It may not be the right solution for others, but it is for me.
Calling bipolar disorder a “fashionable” diagnosis is insensitive and destructive. Yes, you can be misdiagnosed, but that doesn’t mean everyone’s diagnosis is wrong.
But this is the daily mail I don’t even know why I’m so pissed off.But wtf doctor wrote this shit? Can’t even.
White Feminism ahoy!
I just like excuses to draw derpy faces for serious-ish topics ok
There’s more that I drew but it worked better with just these two images.
‘got herself pregnant’ is the dumbest phrase in the world like forreal if it was possible to get pregnant by ourselves we’d have eaten all the men long ago
it actually is possible to get pregnant (without the sperm of a man whatsoever) using bone marrow from another woman! a child conceived this way can only be female so actually, men are entirely useless. fun fact
let’s begin the feast (◉‿◉✿)
Go to your nearest target. Buy a two pack of pushup bras (24$ for 2), and target’s bra inserts (12$). Then go to your nearest Walmart and buy the Vasserette Control Shapewear Panties (2.50 each), they do wonders for helping your tuck. There you go! You just saved yourself a lot of money, you can afford to buy enough to wear every day, and best of all you look fabulous. -@twidx
That is one big plunger
that’s a piece of seaweed
Future girlfriends: This is an acceptable purse.
“Will you hold my pur…” “Absolutely.”
I fully agree. ladies, this is your new pocket and purse alternative.
For years I’ve tried imagining something like this… but to see it… I need this.
Tomb Raider fashion line
WHERE CAN I BUY THESE???
they are so expensive and I am so poor
This has been on my wish list for so loooonnnng
Hijab Tutorial for Eid by Nabiilabee
more like “how to style your hijab and look like a majestic queen” oh goodness
There’s a lady down my street that does this and every time I see her I tell her how beautiful it looks on her. It really makes both of our days better.
my favourite insults are the ones where you just take a noun and a swear and mash them together. what’s up pisscouch? how you doin’ fucktrain. hope you’re havin’ a swell day, asslamp
The tumblr goth community needs to come up with a code word for tagging our selfies/ music/ old magazine scans because you know searching ‘goth’ anything will yield no decent results and good posts are being lost beneath mountains of hipster dung and that’s just sad like is nothing sacred
I vote “gothgoth” lol
I vote ‘sogothishitbats”
Illusions of the Body was made to tackle the supposed norms of what we think our bodies are supposed to look like. Most of us realize that the media displays the only the prettiest photos of people, yet we compare ourselves to those images. We never get to see those photos juxtaposed against a picture of that same person looking unflattering. That contrast would help a lot of body image issues we as a culture have.
Within the series I tried get a range of body types, ethnicities & genders to show how everyone is a different shape & size; there is no “normal”. Each photo was taken with the same lighting & the same angle.
Celebrate your shapes, sizes & the odd contortions your body can get itself into. The human body is a weird & beautiful thing.
Photographer: Gracie Hagen
The FUCKING TWINS
everyones like “HORRIBLE ACCUSATION” and the twins are like “hell ye”
Attention everyone who watched Blackfish and was horrified by the cruelty!
It’s not just SeaWorld. ALL captive orca facilities need to be boycotted. Pictured above is every captive orca facility in the world. Allow me to elaborate about each. Going from top to bottom-
1. Kamogawa Sea World. (Not affiliated with SeaWorld the USA company.) Specifically, the whale you see watching his tank mate is called Oscar. Oscar was separated from his captive family because they believed he was too rough with them. So every day he would push himself onto the slide out to watch over his tank mates as shown above. He died earlier this year, after spending months and months alone.
2. Loro Parque. Do you remember Loro Parque being mentioned in Blackfish? The inexperienced facility that had one of their trainers killed by Keto? Well this is it. The orca you see is Tekoa. Tekoa is an extremely submissive whale and as a result of cramped conditions, he is repeatedly bullied by the two dominant females at the facility. In fact, he is so badly bullied that in ordinary circumstances, he almost appears to be stripy in appearance due to his excessive rake marks. As you can see from the picture above, his health has taken a turn for the worst and he is now emaciated.
3. Marineland Antibes. This facility is often mistaken for being one of the better captive orca facilities but do not be fooled. The tank may be large compared to other facilities but when compared to the ocean as it is in the above picture, you can see it for what it is. Orcas swim 100 miles per day but with a tank that’s only 210ft long, they would have to swim 2,514 circles just to reach their wild counter part’s. Not only that but when reading reviews of the park, it is often remarked as disgustingly dirty and outdated.
4. Marineland Ontario Kiska lives alone after SeaWorld took her only companion back. She no longer performs in shows but rather than giving her stimulation, her trainers leave her to make her own entertainment. This video explains more about where she lives than a thousand words could.
5. Miami SeaQuarium. A lot of people believe this image is photoshopped or that there must be another tank that Lolita goes to when she’s not performing. But unfortunately, this is not the case. She’s lived there for 43 after she was stolen in the Penn Cove capture. She’s not seen her own species in over a decade.
6. Mundo Marino. That’s Kshamenk. He’s a young adult male orca. He’s sexually frustrated, aggressive, unenthusiastic and is fed a diet of fish when in the wild he would consume small mammals. The tank you see above is where he spends the vast majority of his time with a few dolphins. His performing tank is not that much bigger.
7. Port Of Nagoya Aquarium. Just like Marineland Antibes, this facility is often mistaken for being one of the better ones and on the surface, it probably is the lesser of evils. However, when you look deeper, you’re faced with the reality. Port Of Nagoya, like a lot of facilities, obtains their animals from the Taiji killing cove. If you do not know what this is, please view the documentary The Cove.
8. Holding pen in Russia. The whale above, Narnia, is just one of 8 orcas who were captured in Russia. Most facilities pride themselves on the fact that they do not allow live captures but this is not one of them. Currently, Narnia and her pen mates do not have a facility to go to so they are sat in a small holding pen until it’s built. Some are to be sent to China whilst others will stay in Russia. All were torn from their parents.
So please don’t just be angry about SeaWorld. Be angry at captivity as a whole! Boycott it. Sign petitions. Protest. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Allow yourself to be angry because orca captivity is a barbaric atrocity and it ALL needs to end.
Please spread the word and keep all 52 captive orcas in your thoughts.
Page 1 of 67